Masters of Scale with Reid Hoffman
Author: WaitWhatSubscribed: 255,037Played: 2,507,983
The best startup advice from Silicon Valley & beyond. Iconic CEOs — from Nike to Netflix, Starbucks to Slack — share the stories & strategies that helped them grow from startups into global brands.
On each episode, host Reid Hoffman — LinkedIn cofounder, Greylock partner and legendary Silicon Valley investor — proves an unconventional theory about how businesses scale, while his guests share the story of how I built this company. Reid and guests talk entrepreneurship, leadership, strategy, management, fundraising. But they also talk about the human journey — with all its failures and setbacks.
With original, cinematic music and hilariously honest stories, Masters of Scale is a business podcast that doesn’t sound like a business podcast.
Guests on Masters of Scale have included the founders and CEOs of Netflix, Google, Facebook, Starbucks, Nike, Fiat, Spotify, Instagram, Airbnb, Uber, Paypal, Huffington Post, Twitter, Medium, Bumble, Yahoo, Slack, Spanx, Shake Shack, Dropbox, TaskRabbit, 23&Me, Mailchimp, Evite, Flickr, CharityWater, Endeavor, IAC and many more.
16. Build a more human internet, w/Caterina Fake
74. The Empathy Flywheel, w/Nextdoor CEO Sarah Friar
Rapid Response: Movie-theater drama has come to every business, w/Shelli Taylor, CEO, Alamo Drafthouse
73. Wikipedia's Jimmy Wales: To scale, find the right values
Rapid Response: The Covid test facts every CEO needs, w/Rajiv Shah (Rockefeller Foundation)
Rapid Response: Your company is a citizen – it can act like one, w/Baratunde Thurston
Rapid Response: Healthy offices and the myth of remote-work productivity, w/Diane Hoskins (Gensler)
Rapid Response: What you can learn from how schools are pivoting, w/ Success Academy's Eva Moskowitz
70. Peloton’s John Foley – How to turn skeptics into fans
14. The infinite learner, w/Barry Diller (Part 1 of our interview)
19. How to price your product to scale, w/ClassPass's Payal Kadakia
Rapid Response: Building a bridge over troubled waters, with Spelman College president Dr. Mary Schmidt Campbell
67. Strategy Session 5: How transparent should you be with your board? How do you boost morale in dark days? Is it time to blitzscale?