Lead Balloon - Public Relations, Marketing and Strategic Communications Stories
Author: Dusty WeisSubscribed: 15,354Played: 23,898
The first podcast to fly with the US Navy Blue Angels, Webby-nominated, honored by Adweek.
You've never heard a marketing podcast like this before.
On Lead Balloon, professional communicators share tales of the do-or-die situations that defined public relations and marketing careers--what went wrong, how unexpected obstacles were overcome, and what was learned in the process.
With immersive storytelling and a wry sense of humor, host Dusty Weis revisits epic PR disasters, intense communications scenarios, professional crises and half-baked marketing campaigns gone awry, and usually finds a reason to chuckle.
Because sometimes, there are important lessons to be learned from someone else's worst day.
And sometimes, it's just more convenient than group therapy. Tune in monthly for new episodes.
Visit podcampmedia.com/leadballoon to learn more.
39. Pernicious Copyright Robots Are Targeting Your Website: PicRights and the Practice of "Copyright Trolling"
BONUS: Celebrating 20 Years Behind a Mic With Dusty's First Audio Boss, Scott Thompson
37. Blue Angels Ride Along: Lead Balloon Becomes the First Podcast to Fly with the US Navy Blue Angels
35. Post-Cold War PR Trip to Uzbekistan Boosts Fundraising for United Jewish Appeal's Operation Exodus, with Dick Grove
33. National Airlines' Saucy "Fly Me" Ad Campaign, and the Great Stewardess Rebellion of the 1970s
31. Snapple: Pitching the Best Catchphrase On Earth, with Jane Cavalier and Richard Kirshenbaum
BONUS: We're a Nominee! Help Us Win At The Webby Awards
30. Inside the PBR "Eating Ass" Tweetstorm, with Adweek Editor David Griner and Kyle Brown
28. Wendy's Twitter and the Dangers of Social Media Burnout, with Amy Brown and Sallie Poggi
BONUS: Milwaukee Bucks Senior VP Alex Lasry on the City's "Quiet Swagger," His U.S. Senate Campaign, and the Team's Prospects for 2022
26. Bigger Than Basketball: The Milwaukee Bucks and the NBA Social Justice Walkout of 2020
BONUS: What "Cancel Culture" Really Means for Reputation Management, with Molly McPherson
25. FEMA Rep Has Near-Death Experience After Hurricane Ike, with Molly McPherson & Mike Moore