.ZIP domains, AI lies, and did social media inflame a riot?
ChatGPT hallucinations cause turbulence in court, a riot in Wales may have been ignited on social media, and do you think .MOV is a good top-level domain for "a website that moves you"?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Mark Stockley.
Plus don't miss our featured interview with David Ahn of Centripetal.
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
- 8 new top-level domains for dads, grads and techies - Google.
- Tweet by Citizen Lab’s John Scott-Railton - Twitter.
- File Archiver in the browser - mr.d0x.
- A Lawyer's Filing "Is Replete with Citations to Non-Existent Cases" - Thanks, ChatGPT? - Reason.
- Ely riot: Live updates as police investigate CCTV showing police van following bike moments before fatal crash - Wales Online.
- Cardiff riot: Police force refers itself to watchdog as CCTV shows its van following e-bike before fatal crash - Sky News.
- Two boys killed in Cardiff crash which was followed by riot are named - Sky News.
- Cardiff riots: social media rumours about crash started unrest, says police commissioner - The Guardian.
- Black Butterflies - Netflix.
- Black Butterflies trailer - YouTube.
- “The End of the World Is Just the Beginning: Mapping the Collapse of Globalization” by Peter Zeihan - Amazon.
- Science Vs - Gimlet Media Podcast.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Bitwarden – Password security you can trust. Bitwarden is an open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations worldwide for secure password storage and sharing.
- Kolide – Kolide ensures that if your device isn’t secure it can’t access your cloud apps. It’s Zero Trust for Okta. Watch a demo today!
- Centripetal – Centripetal’s CleanINTERNET defends your assets from cyber threats by leveraging dynamic threat intelligence on a mass scale.
SUPPORT THE SHOW:
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.