3 Ways To Get The Most Out Of Therapy & How Therapy Isn't Only for Big Issues and Problems
Today, I'm joined by Haesue Jo, Licensed Therapist & Head of Clinical Operations at BetterHelp, with years of experience providing individual and family therapy in community mental health. Her current clinical focus includes working with individuals with a variety of presenting problems, including anxiety, relationship and family issues, trauma, community violence, gender identity, and depression.
In this session, we sit down with Ulato Sam as he talks about the challenges he had growing up, the hardships that comes when migrating into a new country as a person of color, overcoming the pressure of preconceived beliefs other people have, and learning the necessary skills and tools to be able to fend for yourself and still have the heart to help others.
Disclaimer: Haesue Jo is not Ulato's actual therapist, and they are not in a therapist-client relationship.
This episode is sponsored by BetterHelp.
What We Discuss:
- 00:00:00 Intro
- 00:02:32 Growing up in Jamaica
- 00:06:06 Not fully understanding self awareness
- 00:14:33 Expressing your thoughts without perspective interference
- 00:17:33 The reality of moving into a new place
- 00:22:01 Motivation to overcome societal pressure
- 00:25:16 Where did you learn these skills?
- 00:28:01 The pressure of life never stops
- 00:32:00 “You should eat so as not to get hungry.”
- 00:36:45 We all grow up with different experiences
- 00:40:30 Tools we need to survive and thrive
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.