383: Giving Up Too Much To Make Everyone Happy?
Are you a people pleaser? It's not the worst thing in the world to identify as one, however, you may be sacrificing your own happiness in the name of keeping everyone around you happy. You may also grow resentful and have a lot of anxiety around keeping those around you happy. Listen to today's show to learn how to create boundaries, communicate your needs and live a more fulfilling life.
In this episode with Tonya Lester, we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- Traits that may indicate you're a people pleaser and need to create better boundaries for yourself
- Learning how to engage in healthy conflict instead of always saying yes or bending over backwards to assist others
- The importance of not talking ourselves out of our feelings
- How to understand and communicate your expectations in relationships
- The importance and tools for identifying our needs and communicating them in relationships
- And much more!
BetterHelp: Relationship Advice is sponsored by BetterHelp, an online therapy platform that will assess your needs and match you with your own licensed professional therapist. Start living a happier life today and get 10% off your first month by visiting BetterHelp.com/IDO.
Like A Kitten curates adult subscription boxes created to inspire and influence female sexual wellness. Like A Kitten is offering our listeners 15% off AND free shipping when you go to LikeAKitten.com/ido OR enter code IDO at checkout.
Spark My Relationship Course: Get $100 off our online course. Visit SparkMyRelationship.com/Unlock for our special offer just for our I Do Podcast listeners!
If you love this episode (and our podcast!), would you mind giving us a review in iTunes? It would mean the world to us and we promise it only takes a minute. Many thanks in advance! – Chase & Sarah
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices