407 | Kristi | Households of FI Update
In this episode: growth during the job hunt, exploring entrepreneurship, tips for career growth, and second generation FI.
It's only natural that on the journey to FI you will want to pivot. Whether it is your financial outlook or even your career outlook, it's only natural to have reservations about making a change that could benefit you in the long run. On this week’s episode of The Households of FI, we are joined by Kristi to fill us in on how her FI journey is going, as well as discuss the topic of “leveling-up”. Changing jobs or moving on to the next career chapter while on the journey to FI can seem farfetched, because often times we want to stick to what is familiar and what is more in line with our plan. However, there is no shame in expanding your network and your options in terms of finding better employment that is more aligned with your values! Don't be afraid to be “un-stuck” and see what career options you have, and make sure you are surrounded by those who are aligned with the same principles as you are!
- 2:03 - Introduction
- 3:41 - An Update From Kristy
- 5:53 - Growth During The Job Hunt
- 13:03 - Tips For Career Growth
- 19:45 - Exploring Entrepreneurship
- 23:39 - The Finances Of Engagement
- 27:07 - Being On The Same Page Financially As Your Partner
- 31:48 - Where Is Your Salary Raise Going?
- 38:59 - Laying The Seeds For Second Generation FI
- 51:52 - Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode:
- Kristi & Big Ern | ChooseFI Ep 259
- Is My Company’s Stock Overpriced | P/E Ratio Explained | ChooseFI Ep 314
- Career Hacking With ESI Money | ChooseFI Ep 23
- Negotiate Your Salary With Tori Dunlap | ChooseFI Ep 147
- How to Negotiate Your Salary Without Burning Bridges | Financial Mechanic | ChooseFI Ep 211
- Rebel Entrepreneur
- Alan and Katie Donegan's Free Extraordinary Life Course
- Money With Katie | Katie Gatti | ChooseFI Ep 399
- Transition Planning from a Military Career on the Path to FI | ChooseFI Ep 296
- The Simple Startup
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
More Helpful Links and Resources:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI's 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Keep learning or start a new side hustle with one of our educational courses
- Commission-Free Investing with