408 | Debt Payoff, Disney & Taking Action | Audrey
In this episode: taking action, travel rewards, career progression, the mission to net zero, and value propositions for college.
Whether you were raised to live frugally or if the lessons and lifestyle of FI are just now being introduced into your life, the journey to FI is full of ebbs and flow, not only with your finances, but with the knowledge you pick up along the way. This week we are joined by Audrey to talk about her journey with FI, her path to intentionality, and to discuss the power of optimization. Everyone who begins the FI journey comes from a different place of financial literacy, and a lot of the times we may grow up following the “do’s and don’ts” of financial planning that we were raised with. However, you may be missing out on new ways to optimize your FI journey! The best part about FI is that it's a personal journey that allows you to learn new ways to plan, as well as new ways to reallocate your savings and spending in order to live your best life in the present and future!
- 1:53 - Introduction
- 5:03 - Natural Savers
- 8:25 - Value Propositions For College
- 11:40 - Tackling Student Loans, The Mission To Net Zero
- 20:50 - Traveling On Points/Travel Rewards Cards
- 28:59 - Travel Rewards Hotel Strategy and Point Optimization
- 32:23 - Credit Cards and Children/Second Generation FI Training
- 34:50 - Taking Action In Your Post-Debt Life And Evolving
- 42:16 - Career Progression and Optimization
- 47:18 - Audrey Takes The Hot Seat
- 55:24 - Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode:
- Dave Ramsey
- Step-By-Step Guide to a (Nearly) Free Disney Vacation (2022)
- Travel Rewards Refresher 2022 | Lyn Mettler | ChooseFI Ep 393
- The Tail End
- "Die With Zero" By Bill Perkins
- TalentStacker's Salesforce Career Development Program
- Making The Case For Part Time With Bradley Rice | ChooseFI Ep 117
- From Pandemic Layoff to $100k+ | A Salesforce Success Story | ChooseFI Ep 297
- From Stay At Home Parents to High Paying Salesforce Careers in Under 6 Months | Salesforce For Everyone
- Mama Bear Apologetics
- All the Hacks
- Join ChooseFI's Facebook Group!
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
More Helpful Links and Resources:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI's 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Keep learning or start a new side hustle with one of our educational courses
- Commission-Free Investing with M1 Finance