418 | Investing Lessons Learned in 2022 | Brian Feroldi
In this episode: the federal reserve, interest rates, buying the hype, the problems with effortless earning, and narrative follows price.
It’s suffice to say this past year has been one of distinct changes from a financial perspective, with investment techniques and former practices no longer working the same as they did two years ago. However, there is much to be learned and a lot to be gained as we move forward into 2023. This week we are re-joined by a friend of the show Brian Feroldi to discuss his observations on the market changes, and lessons he learned over the course of 2022. Settle into the new year and tune in as we share our thoughts on the macro impact of the federal reserve, psychology of investing, inflation and interest as it relates to different kinds of assets, and so much more!
- Website: brianferoldi.com
- Twitter: @brianferoldi
- Course: Financial Statements Explained Simply
- Book: "Why Does The Stock Market Go Up?: Everything You Should Have Been Taught About Investing In School, But Weren’t" By Brian Feroldi
- 1:46 - Introduction
- 6:51 - The Federal Reserve/Interest Rates
- 15:03 - Inflation Is Still Here
- 17:21 - Beware Of Effortless Money
- 24:14 - The State Of Crypto/Buying The Hype
- 33:48 - Is Cash Still Trash?
- 36:13 - Bonds Are Worth Consideration
- 39:25 - Growth Stock Troubles
- 46:31 - Narrative Follows Price
- 52:56 - Your Risk Level Is Revealed
- 56:09 - Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today's Episode:
- The Motley Fool
- The Simple Path to Wealth | JL Collins | ChooseFI Ep 411
- Early Retirement Now
- The Role Of Bonds In A Portfolio | ChooseFI Ep 194
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
More Helpful Links And Resources:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI's 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Keep learning or start a new side hustle with one of our educational courses
- Commission-Free Investing with M1 Finance