424 | The Power of FI | Deanna
In this episode: budgeting, the power of FI, different funds, living in the present, and the power to make your choices.
No matter your background or the hardships you’ve endured, you should never rule yourself out for success! Ruminating over your past mistakes can make you feel undeserving of the life you want, but those same mistakes can actually serve as motivation to propel you further on your journey! This week we are joined by returning guest Deanna to discuss how her FI journey has progressed in the last 4 years, the freedom and power she gained from budgeting, and an update on her journey of overcoming adversity. Just because you feel you’ve hit a rock bottom doesn’t mean this journey isn’t for you. A large part of FI is making mistakes, learning, and changing. An even larger part of this journey is learning to forgive yourself and others and continue on! For those who do not think they are capable of achieving FI because of their past, let Deanna and this episode serve as an example of what this journey can look like when you act with forgiveness and intentionality!
- 1:35 - Introduction
- 2:16 - Deanna's Backstory
- 6:26 - Dave Ramsey and Budgeting
- 14:16 - The Emergency Fund
- 17:30 - Different Funds For Different Things
- 23:35 - The Power of FI
- 27:12 - It's Not All Unicorns And Rainbows
- 30:28 - Broken Vessels Made Whole
- 34:42 - Chronic Stress and Living In The Present
- 43:36 - Deanna Today
- 48:10 - The Freedom To Make Your Own Decisions
- 51:54 - Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode:
- From Addiction To FI | Ms. Fiology | ChooseFI Ep. 106
- "The Simple Path to Wealth: Your road map to financial independence and a rich, free life" by J.L. Collins and Mr. Money Mustache
- The Emergency Fund…Is it a Bad Idea? | Big ERN The Reveal | ChooseFI Ep. 66
- "The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma" by Bessel van der Kolk M.D.
- "Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home, and School" by John Medina
- "Forgive for Good: A Proven Prescription for Health and Happiness" by Frederic Luskin
- The Art of Forgiveness
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
More Helpful Links and Resources:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI's 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Keep learning or start a new side hustle with one of our educational courses
- Commission-Free Investing with M1 Finance