439 | Adjusting to Life After FI (Before You Get There) | Chris Terrell
In this episode: success after FI, finding purpose, owning your time, investing in health, and spiritual pursuits.
While reaching your FI number and subsequently retiring is an amazing achievement in itself, what are you supposed to do with yourself after getting there? Well, figuring that out is also a big step you are going to have to take on your FI journey. This week, we are once again joined by Chris Terrell to discuss the ways you can fill your time after achieving FI, and how to identify what gives you purpose in your post-work life. Earning back your time is only half the battle, putting that time to good use is up to you and you only!
- 1:20 – Introduction
- 3:02 – Success After FI
- 9:01 – What Do You Want To Do In Retirement?
- 16:06 – Finding Purpose
- 22:02 – Prioritizing Important Relationships
- 27:46 – The Benefits Of Owning Your Time
- 31:28 – Investing In Your Health
- 41:24 – Spiritual Pursuits and Volunteer Work
- 47:09 – Unstructured Time, Calendar Tyranny, and Work?
- 56:59 – Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode:
- FI Frugal Hobbies | Chris Terrell | ChooseFI Ep 429
- The Happy Philosopher | The Happiest Man In The Room | ChooseFI Ep 49
- Financial Samurai
- The Tail End
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
More Helpful Links and Resources:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI’s 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Keep learning or start a new side hustle with one of our educational courses
- Commission-Free Investing with M1 Finance