446 | Small and Mighty Real Estate Investor | Chad Carson
In this episode: designing your life, real estate investing, pain points, working backward, and finding your sweet spot.
This week we are rejoined by friend of the podcast Chad Carson to discuss his new book "The Small and Mighty Real Estate Investor: How to Reach Financial Freedom with Fewer Rental Properties," as well as cover some strategies he’s picked up during his real estate investing journey. While investing in real estate can be a full time job, for many listeners it can also be seen as a way to generate additional income. Although getting started can seem a little daunting, Chad offers excellent insights on how to confidently begin real estate investing and stay motivated towards having your investments align with your personal goals and desired life!
- Get 10% off Chad's book coming out on July 20th, "The Small and Mighty Real Estate Investor: How to Reach Financial Freedom with Fewer Rental Properties," with the promo-code "choosefi"
- 1:02 - Introduction
- 4:34 - Designing Your Life
- 14:36 - Walkability and Location
- 23:39 - Buying Around Pain Points
- 28:08 - Working Backwards for Solutions
- 34:55 - Transition From Buying to Paying Off
- 43:52 - Working In Your Sweet Spot
- 52:02 - What You Can't Outsource
- 57:10 - Conclusion
Resources Mentioned In Today’s Episode:
- "The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich" By Timothy Ferriss
- Strong Towns
- Of Dollars and Data
- "Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence" by Vicki Robin, Joe Dominguez, and Mr. Money Moustache
- Subscribe to The FI Weekly!
More Helpful Links and Resources:
- Earn $1,000 in cashback with ChooseFI's 3-card credit card strategy
- Share FI by sending a friend ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
- Keep learning or start a new side hustle with one of our educational courses
- Commission-Free Investing with M1 Finance