449: How to build muscle mass as you age, no weights required | Fitness coach Don Saladino
Don Saladino: “Think of resistance training as body armor. It's protection.”
Don, a fitness coach and entrepreneur, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss how to put on lean muscle mass, plus:
- How Don became the go-to fitness coach for athletes & celebrities (~00:41 )
- How to exercise to build muscle mass (~08:28 )
- Why resistance training is crucial as you age (~13:55 )
- How much cardio you actually need (~16:19 )
- The best days to workout (~18:44 )
- The biggest misconception in fitness (~20:20 )
- How to practice strength training with zero equipment (~26:21 )
- A real-time workout plan from Don (~30:43 )
- How to actually do push-ups correctly (~32:42 )
- Why simple exercises are often the most effective (~35:26 )
- Why consistency is more important than intensity (~38:35 )
- How much protein you should eat in a day (~44:05 )
- How much protein you need post-workout (~49:19 )
- Don’s top sources of animal- and plant-based protein (~50:40 )
Referenced in the episode:
- Don's website.
- Check out Don's 30-Minute Express Program.
- Read Don's cover story for Muscle & Fitness.
- Check out Don's golf fitness workouts.
- mbg's Complete Guide To Yoga class, with Tara Stiles.
We hope you enjoy this episode, and feel free to watch the full video on Youtube! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.