452: How to sleep, eat & exercise to prevent heart disease | Cardiologist Michael Twyman, M.D.
Michael Twyman, M.D.: “Walking at sunrise is one of the best things you can do.”
Michael, a board-certified cardiologist, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss his underrated tips to prevent heart disease, plus:
- What tests you should ask for to assess cardiovascular health (~00:27 )
- How frequently you should get a calcium score (~03:49 )
- Annual labs you should get at the doctor (~05:09 )
- Successful lifestyle interventions to prevent heart disease (~10:14 )
- The link between sleep and cardiovascular health (~12:41 )
- What your resting heart rate can tell you about cardiovascular health (~14:38 )
- The best exercises to prevent heart disease (~19:11 )
- Michael’s diet philosophy for heart health (~25:31 )
- How to get enough protein on a plant-based diet (~29:07 )
- The importance of natural light for heart health (~31:54 )
- What to do if you have to wake up before sunrise (~35:27 )
- The best blue-blocking devices and softwares (~36:34 )
- What to do if you have to stare at a screen all day (~37:59 )
- Why we don’t talk enough about light in health conversations (~40:47 )
- The benefits of red light therapy (~43:53 )
- Why you shouldn’t always wear sunglasses (~46:53 )
- How much sun is too much (~49:28 )
- How to tell if your mitochondria are healthy (52:49 )
Referenced in the episode:
- Check out Michael's website.
- Apollo Neuro.
- Boston Heart cholesterol balance test.
- Check out Doug Wallace's research.
Take 25% off our nootropics with code BRAINCODE. Cannot combine with gift cards or other discount codes. Apply code at checkout.
We hope you enjoy this episode, and feel free to watch the full video on Youtube! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.