454: HRV, psychedelics & emotional resilience | Psychiatrist & neuroscientist Dave Rabin, M.D., Ph.D
Dave Rabin, M.D., Ph.D.: “The science behind touch is unfortunately often neglected in modern society, especially the Western world.”
Dave, a board-certified psychiatrist and neuroscientist, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss the health benefits of touch, plus:
- How chronic stress impacts your health (~00:50 )
- What causes someone to flourish or falter under stress (~03:46 )
- How to make sure kids have enough healthy stress (~08:29 )
- The difference between good & bad stress (~12:41 )
- How to become better at handling stress (~16:21 )
- The link between heart rate variability & stress (~23:35 )
- How to fall asleep even when you’re stressed (~30:07 )
- The science behind touch & mental health (~35:26 )
- The power of casual, everyday connections (~38:46 )
- How soothing touch can benefit your brain (~41:53 )
- How to use Apollo Neuro to ease your mind (~48:01 )
- The best wellness tracker for kids (~54:38 )
- The do’s & don’ts of using psychedelics for mental health (~57:21 )
Referenced in the episode:
- Check out Apollo Neuro.
- Visit Dave's website.
- Check out Eric Kandel's research.
- A study on PTSD treatment.
- A study on Apollo and sleep.
- A study showing Apollo can increase HRV and cognitive performance.
- A study showing Apollo can provide an easier access to meditation.
- A study on depression and serotonin.
We hope you enjoy this episode sponsored by Apollo Neuro, and feel free to watch the full video on Youtube! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.