474: Anti-nutrients & exercises that waste your time | Dave Asprey
“If you're deficient in minerals, it doesn't matter how hard you try—your body can't make the electricity it's supposed to," says Dave Asprey.
Dave, a professional biohacker and the founder and chairman of Bulletproof, joins us to discuss all of the nutrition and exercise tricks that will give you ultimate gains (and the ones you are better off without), plus:
- The “why” behind Dave’s newest book (~02:08 )
- The diet fundamentals for a healthier life (~06:23 )
- The most common “anti-nutrient” foods (~09:47 )
- The biggest phytic acid offenders (~18:46 )
- The healthiest nut milk to consume (~21:11 )
- Why so many of us lack important minerals (~25:34 )
- How to balance your omega fats ratio (~30:27 )
- The healthiest alternative flours (~35:14 )
- Dave’s healthy pancake recipe (~36:52 )
- The healthiest & most tolerable dairy products (~38:22 )
- Which exercises are a waste of time? (~44:32 )
- Why you only need 5 minutes of exercise 3 times a week (~50:54 )
- How to increase your VO2 max (~58:15 )
- How to strength train more efficiently (~59:12 )
- The health benefits of forgiveness (~01:07:25 )
- How Dave deals with conflicting opinions in the nutrition space (~01:12:15 )
- The future of biohacking technology (~01:17:25 )
Order a copy of my new book The Joy Of Well-Being at thejoyofwellbeing.com!
Referenced in the episode:
- Dave's new book, Smarter Not Harder.
- Check out Dave's biohacking conference.
- Check out Danger Coffee.
- A study on REHIIT.
- mbg Podcast episode #470, with Molly Maloof, M.D.
- Sign up for The Long Game.
We hope you enjoy this episode, and feel free to watch the full video on YouTube! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices