479: Underrated foods for your gut & recovering from antibiotics | Vincent Pedre, M.D.
“No two guts are the same. So how can their diets be the same?” says Vincent Pedre, M.D.
Vincent, a board-certified internist and functional gut health expert, joins us to discuss everything you need to know about healing your gut, plus:
- What’s new in the world of gut health (~00:15 )
- New research that changed Vincent’s perspective on gut health (~08:59 )
- The link between gut health & mental health (~16:14 )
- What people with the healthiest gut microbiomes eat (~21:25 )
- How to recover your gut from a round of antibiotics (~24:56 )
- Vincent’s favorite fermented foods (~27:33 )
- Should you become a seasonal dairy eater? (~30:46 )
- How mindfulness can enhance your gut health (~32:33 )
- How to assess your own gut health at home (~36:56 )
- How often you should actually be pooping (~38:09 )
- The updated science on fecal transplants (~40:53 )
- Vincent’s take on stool testing (~45:24 )
- The future of personalized health care (~51:00 )
- Why you can’t out-diet a stressed out lifestyle (~53:16 )
Order a copy of my new book The Joy Of Well-Being at thejoyofwellbeing.com!
Referenced in the episode:
- Vincent's newest book, The GutSMART Protocol.
- A study on fiber vs. fermented foods.
- A study on fiber & stress.
- A study on depression & the gut microbiome.
- A study on Saccharomyces boulardii & the gut.
- A study on sleep deprivation & sugar cravings.
- A study on fecal transplants & metabolic health.
We hope you enjoy this episode sponsored by Nerdwallet, and feel free to watch the full video on YouTube! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices