480: The longevity treatment no one’s talking about | Peter Attia, M.D.
“We're clearly over-nourished, under-muscled, under-slept, and overstressed. All of those things dramatically impact our state of health," says Peter Attia, M.D.
Peter, a Stanford, John Hopkins, and NIH-trained physician, joins us to discuss how we can actually eradicate cardiovascular disease, plus:
- Peter’s personal connection to healthspan & heart health (~00:58 )
- The four horsemen that lead to death (~03:25 )
- What’s driving chronic disease? (~06:37 )
- What is ApoB & why is it important? (~11:26 )
- Does exercise play a role in lowering ApoB? (~17:37 )
- How pharmaceuticals can lower ApoB (~18:35 )
- Why aren’t we talking about these heart disease treatments? (~22:36 )
- The best lab tests to measure cardiovascular health (~31:39 )
- The best lifestyle modifications for heart health (~36:36 )
- Labs you should demand at the doctor (~39:01 )
- Peter’s personal nutrition philosophy (~43:34 )
- How to eat more protein every day (~46:48 )
- Why exercise is the ultimate elixir (~53:09 )
- What we still don’t know about cardiovascular health (~01:00:52 )
- The power of grip strength for longevity (~01:03:24 )
- How Peter views the future of well-being (~01:06:10 )
Order a copy of my new book The Joy Of Well-Being at thejoyofwellbeing.com!
Referenced in the episode:
- Peter's book, Outlive.
- Peter's podcast, The Drive.
- National Lipid Association member finder.
- SPRINT trial on blood pressure.
- A study on exercise & mortality risk.
- mbg Podcast episode #466, with Don Layman, Ph.D.
- Sign up for The Long Game.
We hope you enjoy this episode, and feel free to watch the full video on YouTube! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices