482: The best exercise & nutrition tips for busy schedules | Jillian Michaels
“Stand up, don't sit, get your steps in, and we can literally accomplish miracles," says Jillian Michaels.
Jillian, a personal trainer who many of you probably know from NBC's hit show, The Biggest Loser, joins us to discuss everything she’s learned since being on the show, her best nutrition and exercise tips, plus:
- How Jillian’s wellness philosophy has evolved over time (~0:44 )
- Why Ozempic isn’t actually a quick fix for weight loss (~09:36 )
- What we’re still getting wrong about nutrition (~16:29 )
- How your mindset influences your health outcomes (~23:24 )
- Jillian’s foundational fitness tips she tells her clients (~27:19 )
- How to get a good workout in just 10 minutes (~33:09 )
- Red flags in a personal trainer (~36:20 )
- Jillian’s serious back injury & how she recovered (~41:51 )
- Jillian’s advice for those dealing with chronic pain (~59:35 )
- How to recognize your personal pain triggers (~01:02:26 )
- Why the wellness space often overlooks nuance (~01:08:11 )
- The importance of broadening your health POV (~01:15:11 )
- What’s next for Jillian in the fitness world (~01:21:34 )
- Why you should listen to your gut (~01:24:21 )
Order a copy of my new book The Joy Of Well-Being at thejoyofwellbeing.com!
Referenced in the episode:
- Jillian's book, Master Your Metabolism.
- Back Mechanic, by Stuart McGill.
- What's Our Problem? by Tim Urban.
- mbg Podcast episode #342, with Casey Means, M.D.
- mbg Podcast episode #458, with Robynne Chutkan, M.D.
- mbg Podcast episode #445, with Scott Galloway.
- Sign up for The Long Game.
We hope you enjoy this episode sponsored by Nerdwallet, and feel free to watch the full video on YouTube! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: email@example.com.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices