489: How to walk your way to a longer life | Mobility pioneers Kelly & Juliet Starrett
"Keep an eye on your muscle mass. Treat it like it is literally gold," says Juliet Starrett.
Kelly and Juliet Starrett, mobility pioneers who have spent decades working with pro-athletes, Olympians, and Navy Seals, join us to discuss the daily movement tips that can literally save your life, plus:
- Kelly & Juliet’s background and health journey (~01:59 )
- What we’re still getting wrong about movement (~10:20 )
- How to optimize your walk (~19:57 )
- The power of small movement breaks (~25:33 )
- The health benefits of fidgeting & perching (~28:23 )
- How to avoid & get rid of cankles (~31:32 )
- How to minimize the negative effects of sitting (~35:10 )
- How to promote better mobility & range of motion (~38:52 )
- How to dress up your daily walk (~45:55 )
- The real reason people get injured playing pickle ball (~50:40 )
- How to avoid injuries in an active lifestyle (~54:10 )
- Why you should do downward facing dog every day (~57:58 )
- Why jumping is the key to good health (~59:27 )
- The best mobility practices by decade (~01:05:27 )
Order a copy of my new book The Joy Of Well-Being at thejoyofwellbeing.com!
Referenced in the episode:
- Kelly & Juliet's book, Built To Move.
- A study on 8,000 steps per day & longevity.
- Sign up for The Long Game.
We hope you enjoy this episode, and feel free to watch the full video on YouTube! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices