500: The new science of preventing cancer & heart disease | Longevity specialist Darshan Shah, M.D.
“The way we diagnose cancer is going to change dramatically in the next 10 or 15 years," says Darshan Shah, M.D.
Darshan, a longevity specialist and board-certified surgeon, joins us on our 500th episode to discuss what the future of longevity treatment looks like, plus:
- Darshan’s background & personal health journey (~00:28 )
- What’s driving low testosterone levels in men? (~06:51 )
- The future of preventing & treating heart disease (~10:50 )
- The best tests to assess your cardiovascular health (~14:15 )
- How to screen for cancer as early as possible (~19:15 )
- What you need to know about Grail & Prenuvo (~26:01 )
- Darshan’s “longevity circuit” for optimal health (~30:24 )
- The longevity benefits of red light therapy & sauna (~32:00 )
- How to cold plunge correctly (~34:17 )
- Is IV drip therapy worth it? (~35:30 )
- How to know if you should get testosterone replacement therapy (~39:17 )
- What you need to know about ozone therapy (~41:00 )
- Longevity treatments that will give you the most bang for your buck (~45:32 )
- The at-home devices that waste your time (~48:35 )
- The best water filters for your home (~50:33 )
- How to inspire kids to eat healthy (~55:16 )
Referenced in the episode:
- Next Health.
- Mark Hyman's Food: What The Heck Should I Eat?
- A study showing nearly half of U.S. water contaminated.
- Darshan's water filter rec.
- mbg Podcast episode #480, with Peter Attia, M.D.
We hope you enjoy this episode, and feel free to watch the full video onYouTube! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices