60 - A Skeptic Transforms: From Carnivore Diet to Plant Based
Eric Lindstrom once ate 68 chicken wings in one sitting. Today, he works full-time in animal advocacy and has written two books on veganism. What changed?
The self-proclaimed carnivore adopted a plant-based diet over a bet with his wife. While he admittedly grumbled the whole time, what was intended to be a 30-day health kick turned into a lifelong passion.
Once Eric discovered that he didn’t have to give up his favorite meaty, cheesy foods, he stopped grumbling and embraced the plant-based way of life.
With his relatable personality and relaxed humor, Eric encourages others to adopt a plant-based diet by illustrating its bounty of delicious options and its accessibility.
A father of two young children, Eric also helps parents navigate a family-wide switch to plant-based.
Tune in for some laughs, insight, and practical tips to make the switch.
What we discuss in this episode:
- Eric’s past as an adamant meat-loving omnivore and his “reluctance” to go plant-based.
- The bet between him and his wife that triggered his overnight adoption of the plant-based diet—and how he only thought it would be 30 days instead of the rest of his life.
- The book that sparked Eric’s curiosity with diet change—Colleen Patrick Goudreau’s The 30-Day Vegan Challenge.
- What to eat if you live in a rural area and don’t have access to alternative foods.
- Basic kid-friendly family meal ideas.
- To support our mission to educate, inspire, and embolden the world to lean into eating plants instead of baby cow growth food, donate today to spread the word.
Connect with Switch4Good
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Switch4Good/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/switch4good/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SwitchForGood
- Website: switch4good.org