780: Chris Fenton | China's Harrowing Hold Over Hollywood
Chris Fenton (@TheDragonFeeder) is an expert on China's influence over Hollywood and how the Chinese government pressures American movie studios into creating soft power propaganda. He is the author of Feeding the Dragon: Inside the Trillion-Dollar Dilemma Facing Hollywood, the NBA, and American Business.
What We Discuss with Chris Fenton:
- How China exerts influence over the Hollywood movie industry.
- The strategies that are used to make movies and commercials relevant to the Chinese public — and ensure they're pushing the Chinese government's political agenda.
- How international film edits differ from Chinese film edits.
- What the Chinese government does to punish Hollywood studios that won't play ball.
- Why leverage doesn't have to be a one-way street, and how Hollywood can push back against Chinese politics.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/780
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Did you hear our conversation with Desmond Shum, the former CCP insider and former husband of disappeared Chinese billionaire “Whitney” Duan Weihong? Catch up with episode 684: Desmond Shum | Wealth, Power, Corruption, and Vengeance in China here!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
turned off at marvel films being lauded over. boring