798: Forrest Galante | A Wild Life of Rediscovery
Forrest Galante (@ForrestGalante) is a wildlife biologist, conservationist, co-host of The Wild Times Podcast, and TV presenter for Extinct or Alive and Mysterious Creatures. He is also the author of Still Alive: A Wild Life of Rediscovery.
What We Discuss with Forrest Galante:
- What happened when an Amazonian shaman insisted Forrest snort an unknown powder from a monkey bone to keep him safe on the journey ahead?
- How growing up as an almost feral, shoeless child on a farm in Zimbabwe prepared Forrest to survive in the wilderness (and why he doesn't have an accent anymore).
- How Forrest wound up as a successful contestant on Naked and Afraid, which led him to leave his job as an ant-counting biologist and continue his conservation efforts in a more visible medium: television.
- How does Forrest go about finding animals in the wild that have been presumed extinct?
- How did Forrest and his crew survive trudging around the mangrove jungle on Ramree Island where hundreds of Japanese soldiers had been eaten alive by saltwater crocodiles during WWII?
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/798
This Episode Is Brought To You By Our Fine Sponsors: jordanharbinger.com/deals
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!