806: Neil Woods | Undercover in the UK's Most Vicious Drug Gangs
Neil Woods (@wudzee0) spent 14 years as an undercover drugs operative, gaining the trust of some of the most violent, unpredictable criminals in Britain. Now he's an active member of the international drug policy reform movement, and author of Good Cop, Bad War and Drug Wars.
What We Discuss with Neil Woods:
- The complex logistics of undercover law enforcement operations.
- The skills of persuasion and manipulation an undercover operative relies on to get the job done and stay alive in the process.
- Neil's close calls and epic failures while working undercover that he somehow managed to survive.
- How the pressure placed on police departments to get results makes corruption almost inevitable — even among officers committed to doing the right thing.
- Why, after spending 14 years trying to win the war on drugs, Neil now advocates an evidence-based drug policy and related criminal justice reforms.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/806
This Episode Is Brought To You By Our Fine Sponsors: jordanharbinger.com/deals
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!