811: Jan Broberg | The True Crime Story of a Young Girl Abducted
Jan Broberg (@janbroberg) is an actress, singer, dancer, host of The Jan Broberg Show, subject of the Netflix documentary Abducted In Plain Sight and Peacock's A Friend of the Family, and author of The Jan Broberg Story: The True Crime Story of a Young Girl Abducted.
What We Discuss with Jan Broberg:
- One in four children will be molested, and 97 percent of the time, it's by a family member. In Jan Broberg's case, it was by a close "friend" of the family.
- How this predator — himself a father of five — expertly infiltrated the trust of Jan's family when she was just a child and manipulated her, her siblings, and her parents into questioning their very reality.
- How Jan was kidnapped by this family "friend" not once, but twice as a teenager, and what happened in the aftermath when she was finally recovered.
- Why this story — and countless stories like it — should serve as a wake-up call to legislators that we need to update public policy and raise awareness of this all-too-common threat to our children.
- How our children can be prepared to speak up when the adults in their lives violate their trust and abuse them — and what we as adults can do to ensure their claims are taken seriously and remove them from danger.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/811
This Episode Is Brought To You By Our Fine Sponsors: jordanharbinger.com/deals
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!