841: Adam Bornstein | The Real Skinny on the Weight Loss Industry
Adam Bornstein (@BornFitness) is the founder of Born Fitness, an award-winning writer and editor in the fitness space, and a bestselling author. His latest book is You Can't Screw This Up: Why Eating Takeout, Enjoying Dessert, and Taking the Stress out of Dieting Leads to Weight Loss That Lasts.
What We Discuss with Adam Bornstein:
- Why are more than 70 percent of Americans overweight or obese despite 40 percent of men and 60 percent of women observing multiple diets per year?
- The common misbeliefs and flawed mindsets around fitness and weight loss perpetuated by a wellness industry that prioritizes its profits over the people it purports to help.
- How the wellness industry inflates bogus "sciencey" claims in order to fool us into buying routines, diets, and supplements that, at best, do nothing for us.
- What calorie restriction really does to the brain.
- How extreme, all-or-none beliefs make us fail our fitness goals, and what we can do to actually move the progress needle forward.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/841
This Episode Is Brought To You By Our Fine Sponsors: jordanharbinger.com/deals
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!