85. “I thought she was going to die, so we spent all our money. Now we’re broke”
Asha and Matt are in their mid 30s. They bring a totally unique situation to the show today. A few years ago, Asha needed a second open-heart surgery—and an emergency appendectomy. She was told she might have three years left, so they spent like it. The issue? She made a full recovery.
This episode is brought to you by:
LMNT | Right now LMNT is offering my listeners a free sample pack with any purchase. That’s 8 single serving packets FREE with any LMNT order. This is a great way to try all 8 flavors or share LMNT with a salty friend. Get yours at DrinkLMNT.com/RAMIT.
Fabric by Gerber Life | Protect your family today with Fabric by Gerber Life. Apply today in just 10 minutes at meetfabric.com/ramit.
Sakara | Sakara is offering our listeners 20% off their first order when they go to Sakara.com/RAMIT or enter code RAMIT at checkout.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Reading Classes: On Culture and Classism In America by Barbara Jensen
- The Power of the Past: Understanding Cross-Class Marriages by Jessi Streib
Connect with Ramit:
- Get Money Coaching with Ramit
- Download the Conscious Spending Plan
- Get my New York Times best-selling book
- Get my no-numbers journal
- Other episodes
If you and your partner have a money issue and you want my help, I occasionally select a couple to work with, free of charge. Apply for my help here.
Produced by Crate Media.