891: Andrea Dunlop | Exposing Medical Child Abuse
What We Discuss with Andrea Dunlop:
- Munchausen syndrome by proxy (aka factitious disorder imposed on another): a form of medical child abuse where parents or caregivers fake or exaggerate their child's health problems for personal gain.
- How the widespread availability of medical information online, social media platforms, and crowdfunding has broadened the spectrum of people engaging in medical child abuse beyond professionals in the healthcare field.
- What the long-term psychological toll looks like for children who survive such abuse and how they struggle to discern the truth as they grow older.
- Why prosecution of medical child abuse cases is difficult when family courts may not thoroughly examine medical records and even accept a guilty parent or caregiver's word as fact.
- How we can keep an eye out for signs of medical child abuse, and who we should contact if we suspect the worst.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/891
This Episode Is Brought To You By Our Fine Sponsors: jordanharbinger.com/deals
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store