892: Tim Urban | What's Our Problem (And How Do We Solve It)?
Wait But Why's Tim Urban helps us find ways to cope with the chaos of current events in his new book, What's Our Problem?: A Self-Help Book for Societies.
What We Discuss with Tim Urban:
- Why we're so polarized and partisan in our political beliefs — seemingly more than ever before.
- How low-rung thinking prevails on both sides of the political aisle (and what we can do to ascend to higher-rung thinking).
- The perspective we can gain if we imagine the history of humanity as a 1,000-page book.
- How the internet went from a unifying force of human connection to a division-sowing outrage generator.
- Why we should strive to build our own "idea lab" instead of comfortably hunkering down in a tribally sponsored, anger-generating echo chamber.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/892
This Episode Is Brought To You By Our Fine Sponsors: jordanharbinger.com/deals
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!