902: Michael Easter | Rewiring Your Scarcity Brain in a World of Excess
Tired of constantly craving what you don't have instead of being satisfied with what you do? Scarcity Brain author Michael Easter is here to help!
What We Discuss with Michael Easter:
- What is the scarcity brain that helped humans evolve to run the planet, and how does it work against us in the context of the modern world?
- How the scarcity loop operates like a "serial killer" of motivation to push us into repeat behaviors that can be fun in the short term, but have the potential to harm us in the long term.
- What causes us to manufacture the scarcity loops that can ruin our lives with minimal prompting — and what can pigeons teach us about how the scarcity brain processes gambling?
- How we can break these scarcity loops when they're so entrenched in every aspect of our behavior.
- How scarcity loops can be gamed for positive benefit.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/902
This Episode Is Brought To You By Our Fine Sponsors: jordanharbinger.com/deals
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!