AMA #7: Cold Exposure, Maximizing REM Sleep & My Next Scientific Studies
Welcome to a preview of the seventh Ask Me Anything (AMA) episode, part of the Huberman Lab Premium subscription.
The Huberman Lab Premium subscription was launched for two main reasons. First, it was launched in order to raise support for the standard Huberman Lab podcast channel — which will continue to come out every Monday at zero-cost. Second, it was launched as a means to raise funds for important scientific research. A significant portion of proceeds from the Huberman Lab Premium subscription will fund human research (not animal models) selected by Dr. Huberman, with a dollar-for-dollar match from the Tiny Foundation.
Subscribe to Huberman Lab Premium at https://hubermanlab.com/premium.
(00:00:00 ) Introduction
(00:01:45 ) Is It Possible to Get a Cold or Sick From Deliberate Cold Exposure?
(00:20:02 ) Huberman Lab Premium
In the full AMA episode, we discuss:
- How Can You Increase Rapid Eye Movement (REM) Sleep?
- What Experiment(s) Would You Like to Undertake in Regard to Physical or Mental Performance?
- Immune system of cold-exposed and cold-adapted humans
- Voluntary activation of the sympathetic nervous system and attenuation of the innate immune response in humans
- The Effects of Sleep Extension on the Athletic Performance of Collegiate Basketball Players
- Sleep extension improves serving accuracy: A study with college varsity tennis players
- The impact of extended sleep on daytime alertness, vigilance, and mood
Title Card Photo Credit: Mike Blabac