Be a Plant-Based Woman Warrior with Ann and Jane Esselstyn!
In today’s episode, we’re switching things up a bit and coming to you with a mother/daughter team. It’s likely that you’ve heard of the Esselstyns before, as they are powerful leaders in the plant-based movement.
Ann Esselstyn is a creative and energetic advocate for a whole-foods plant-based diet and way of life. She specializes in inventing recipes that have helped countless people prevent and reverse heart diseases. She shares powerful ways to shop, cook, and get even the most spectacle eaters to dive into the plant-based world.
As if that’s not enough, Ann is the author of the recipe section of Dr. Esselstyn’s bestselling book, Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease, and co-author of The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook with her daughter, Jane Esselstyn.
Jane has also worked as an educator for 20+ years. She started teaching sex ed to middle school kids and has promoted growth and learning in the fields of science, outdoors, and health education. This mom of three brings clarity and humor to conversations that can be difficult for kids and parents alike.
The work that they do now is a combination of their unique experiences and passions that they have for living a healthy and vibrant life. They also have a new book out, called Be A Plant-Based Woman Warrior, which we get to discuss with these plant-based powerhouses on the show!
What we discussed:
- The radical family history & how they came to plant-based eating
- Eating disorders & plant-based eating
- What “living fierce” means
- How the vagina benefits from eating plants
- Why their new cookbook is so unique
- Tips for people new to cooking with plants
- Click on this link to download the abillion app - https://abillion.onelink.me/42TD/switch4good
- Learn more about Jane and buy the book: https://janeesselstyn.com
- Learn more about Ann: https://www.forksoverknives.com/contributors/ann-crile-esselstyn/
Connect with Switch4Good
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Switch4Good/
Podcast Chat Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/podcastchat/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/switch4good/
Website - https://switch4good.org/