Big Tech Layoffs, Signs of Housing Trouble
Alphabet and Microsoft are laying off a combined 22,000 employees. Is Apple next?
(0:21 ) Matt Argersinger and Jason Moser discuss:
- The ripple effect of Big Tech Layoffs
- Netflix founder Reed Hastings stepping down from his co-CEO role
- Cancellation rates soaring in one segment of the housing market
- Differing views on interest rates from two major bank CEOs
- The latest from Procter & Gamble, Nordstrom, and holiday retail data
(19:11 ) John Rotonti talks with Jurrien Timmer, Director of Global Macro at Fidelity Investments, about what history can teach about the current market cycle and sectors that may hold opportunities for investors.
(33:30 ) Jason and Matt answer listener questions about CEOs they'd like to shadow for a day and under-the-radar trends, and share two stocks on their radar: Roper Technologies and Regions Financial.
Motley Fool Stock Advisor is open to new members for just $99 a year.
Join the hundreds of thousands of investors in Stock Advisor by going to www.fool.com/intro.
Stocks discussed: MSFT, GOOG, AAPL, NFLX, KBH, JWN, PG, JPM, MS, BX, ETSY, SBUX, ROP, RF
Host: Chris Hill
Guests: Jason Moser, Matt Argersinger, John Rotonti, Jurrien Timmer
Engineer: Rick Engdahl