Bing’s Revenge + Google’s AI Faceplant
Microsoft’s release of a ChatGPT-powered Bing signifies a new era in search. Then, a disastrous preview of Bard — Google’s answer to ChatGPT — caused the company’s stocks to slide 7 percent. The A.I. arms race is on.
Plus: What “Nothing, Forever,” the 24/7, A.I.-generated “Seinfeld” parody, says about bias in A.I.
On today’s episode:
- Sam Altman is the chief executive of OpenAI.
- Kevin Scott is the chief technology officer of Microsoft.
- Microsoft integrated OpenAI's technology into its search engine and kicked off an A.I. arms race.
- Google released Bard, a rival chatbot to ChatGPT.
- “Nothing, Forever” was temporarily banned on Twitch.
@14:02: I thought we might make it through an entire episode without horrendous vocal fry, but no... commence intolerable groaning.