Bing is a liar, Elon's tweets are everywhere, and YouTube CEO steps down
Today on the flagship podcast of wanting to smooch your laptop:
01:23 - The Verge's Nilay Patel, Alex Cranz, Richard Lawler, Adi Robertson, and James Vincent discuss the flaws with Microsoft's Bing AI, and why it can be an "emotionally manipulative liar."
34:56 - Platformer managing editor Zoë Schiffer joins to explain why Twitter is showing everyone all of Elon Musk's tweets.
50:33 - The crew discuss YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki stepping down after nine years at the helm.
Microsoft’s Bing is an emotionally manipulative liar, and people love it
- AI search engines are not your friends
- These are Microsoft’s Bing AI secret rules and why it says it’s named Sydney
- Microsoft says talking to Bing for too long can cause it to go off the rails
- The Supreme Court could be about to decide the legal fate of AI search
- Microsoft’s Bing AI, like Google’s, also made dumb mistakes during first demo
From Bing to Sydney (Stratechery)
A Conversation With Bing’s Chatbot Left Me Deeply Unsettled (The New York Times)
- Seeing other people’s AI art is like hearing other people’s dreams
Yes, Elon Musk created a special system for showing you all his tweets first
Elon Musk’s reach on Twitter is dropping — he just fired a top engineer over it
- Twitter is just showing everyone all of Elon Musk’s tweets now
- Elon Musk says Twitter should be ready for new CEO by end of year
YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki steps down after nine years at the helm
The maze is in the mouse (Praveen Seshadri)
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra review: practically peerless
Razer Blade 18 review: the price is going up
- Tesla recalls 362,758 vehicles equipped with Full Self-Driving beta for ‘crash risk’
Mazda MX-30 electric SUV review: a perfect storm of range anxiety
- Hyundai and Kia forced to update software on millions of vehicles because of viral TikTok challenge
- Less money and more fear: what’s going on with tech
- Erase browser history: can AI reset the browser battle?
Email us at email@example.com or call our Vergecast Hotline at 866-VERGE11, we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices