Bringing AI to the Data Cloud, with Snowflake's CEO Frank Slootman
Frank Slootman, CEO of Snowflake Computing, joins Sarah Guo and Elad Gil this week on No Priors. Before scaling Snowflake to its blockbuster IPO and beyond, Frank was also the CEO from early to scale for landmark enterprise companies ServiceNow and Data Domain. Frank grew up in the Netherlands and is also the author of three books: Amp It Up, Rise of the Data Cloud, and Tape Sucks.
In this episode, our hosts talk with Frank about the opportunity for generative AI in the enterprise, why Snowflake isn't really a data warehousing company, their acquisitions of Neeva and Streamlit, apps within Snowflake, and how AI relates to traditional analytics and BI. He also talks about his personal journey, why it's always a good time to do performance management, and why most leaders struggle to raise the bar for performance.
** No Priors is taking a summer break! The podcast will be back with new episodes in three weeks. Join us on July 20th for a conversation with Devi Parikh, Research Director in Generative AI at Meta. **
No Priors is now on YouTube! Subscribe to the channel on YouTube and like this episode.
- Forbes: How CEO-For-Hire Frank Slootman Turned Snowflake Into Software’s Biggest-Ever IPO
- Amp It Up: Leading for Hypergrowth by Raising Expectations, Increasing Urgency, and Elevating Intensity
- Rise of the Data Cloud (Audible Audio Edition): Frank Slootman, Steve Hamm, Zach Hoffman, Snowflake: Books
- TAPE SUCKS: Inside Data Domain, A Silicon Valley Growth Story eBook : Slootman, Frank: Kindle Store
- Frank Slootman’s LinkedIn
[00:06 ] - Frank’s Insights on Career Success as a three-time CEO
[12:42 ] - The message of his book Amp It Up
[25:01 ] - Future of Natural Language and Data
[36:29 ] - Data Management and Industry Transformation Future
[45:13 ] - Managing Resources in Changing Economic Environment
[50:09 ] - Amping Up Energy and Intensity Amid Economic Headwinds