Buddhist Blessing and Dedication of Offerings to Sangha
This Sunday 08 November we will conduct our yearly Robe Offering Ceremony at Dhammagiri (also on live 'Castbox' podcast 12.00 noon Brissie time).
While preparing our audio setup, we did numerous trial runs to finetune mics and amplifier settings. One turned out nice enough that we've uploaded it now, for you to get a little taste (only 6 min) of what's to come at our ceremony on Sunday.
You hear the following:
- Namo tassa... (Homage to the Buddha, 3 times)
- Dedication of Offerings to the Sangha by laity (Pali)
- Dedication of Offerings to the Sangha by laity (English Translation)
- Apalokana (announcement) by one monk how the Sangha will distribute the offerings
- Sangha Chanting: Sharing good karma with past relatives; Blessings for long life, health and strength; Anumodanā (rejoicing) in the all the good actions done by everyone; Chant for offerings done at particular auspicious occasion; Blessings of Triple Gem and Devas (Angels)
The full ceremony Sunday 08 November will be live on 'Castbox' podcasting app, and also live on video here: