Coding with the Open AI / Chat GPT API
In this Hasty Treat, Scott and Wes talk about what can be done with the OpenAI API, how to get started with it, pricing, tuning your model, and gotchas for getting started with the OpenAI API.
Sentry - Sponsor
If you want to know what’s happening with your code, track errors and monitor performance with Sentry. Sentry’s Application Monitoring platform helps developers see performance issues, fix errors faster, and optimize their code health. Cut your time on error resolution from hours to minutes. It works with any language and integrates with dozens of other services. Syntax listeners new to Sentry can get two months for free by visiting Sentry.io and using the coupon code TASTYTREAT during sign up.
- 00:26 ">00:26 Welcome
- 01:17 ">01:17 Sponsor: Sentry
- 02:39 ">02:39 What is the OpenAI API?
- 05:11 ">05:11 Getting started with the API
- 07:41 ">07:41 How run OpenAI
- OpenAI API
- 14:16 ">14:16 GPT4 update
- 17:58 ">17:58 Tune your models
- 19:46 ">19:46 Generating questions with ChatGPT
- 24:30 ">24:30 Speech to text
- Otter.ai - Voice Meeting Notes & Real-time Transcription
- Descript | All-in-one video & podcast editing, easy as a doc.
- 26:12 ">26:12 Related API
- 27:33 ">27:33 LangChain
- 32:12 ">32:12 Save your replies
Tweet us your tasty treats
- Scott’s Instagram
- LevelUpTutorials Instagram
- Wes’ Instagram
- Wes’ Twitter
- Wes’ Facebook
- Scott’s Twitter
- Make sure to include @SyntaxFM in your tweets