Connecting With Your Daughter Through Humility and Compassion :: Kari Kampakis - Part 1 [Ep 390]
“I’m not a regular mom, I’m a cool mom” are the words of Mean Girl Regina George’s mom. We know she’s not a great example of a mom, but it can be difficult to sort out which moments are for connecting and which are for correcting.
You want to be a valid voice in your daughter’s life as she enters their teen years and not just maintain, but grow your connection with her. It is possible to break from what society says and enjoy the teenage years.
Mom of four girls and author, Kari Kampakis, talks with us this week about how humility and compassion can help us navigate our relationships with our tweens and teens. (Bonus - when they see us live this way, it will help them learn to navigate relationships too!)
Connect with Kari Kampakis:
- Website: https://www.karikampakis.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/karikampakiswriter/
- Instagram: @karikampakis
- Twitter: @KariKampakis
- Love Her Well: 10 Ways to Find Joy and Connection with Your Teenage Daughter by Kari Kampakis
- Liked: Whose Approval Are You Living For? By Kari Kampakis
- 10 Ultimate Truths Girls Should Know by Kari Kampakis
- More Than a Mom: How Prioritizing Your Wellness Helps You (and Your Family) Thrive by Kari Kampakis
- Be Vulnerable, Find Your People :: Jennie Allen [Ep 354]
- Freeing Your Adolescents to Step Into Adulthood - Ages and Stages - Teens :: Dr. Ken Wilgus [Ep 382]
- Ages & Stages Series - The Tween Years :: Charissa Lopez [Ep 380]
- Helping Our Kids Foster Friendships :: David Thomas and Sissy Goff [Ep 338]
- Find links to this week’s sponsors and unique promo codes at dontmomalone.com/sponsors.