Digital Nomadism: Thriving in the Age of Global Remote Work | Rowena Hennigan
Rowena Hennigan was working from home in Ireland when her daughter began to develop chronic asthma. As things worsened, she was forced to make a drastic decision; she packed up her family and moved to one of the driest parts of Europe they could find – Zaragoza, Spain. This decision not only changed their lives, perspectives, and health for the better, but it also set the foundation for Rowena’s career as a Remote Work Expert and Consultant.
Rowena is a keynote speaker, university lecturer, Global Thought Leader in Remote Work and Digital Nomadism, and the founder of RoRemote, a remote skills training and consultancy company. Having lived and worked in 14 countries, her career spans over two decades of professional industry experience.
In this episode, Dart and Rowena discuss:
- Rowena’s experience living and working in 14 countries
- The personal and professional benefits of nomadic work
- Effective and ineffective approaches of countries toward remote work
- How digital work changes from one location to another
- Safety issues and solutions within international work
- The massive skills gap in remote work
- How and why companies should support nomadic employees
- The mindset and preparation needed for successful nomadism
- Traveling meaningfully through "slowmadism"
- And other topics…
Rowena Hennigan is a keynote speaker, university lecturer, Global Thought Leader in Remote Work and Digital Nomadism, and the founder of RoRemote, a remote skills training and consultancy company. Having lived and worked in 14 countries, her career spans over two decades of professional industry experience.
Rowena has been selected as one of LinkedIn News Top 10 Global Voices in Remote Work 2022, a Top 25 Remote Innovator of 2021 and 2022 by Remote.com, and a member of the Board of Advisors for the Digital Nomad Association – Croatia. She is currently a Strategic Advisor for companies like WorkTripp, Camesited, ROORAL, and SafetyWing, among others.
Rowena's LinkedIn Learning Courses: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/instructors/rowena-hennigan
“How to Become a Digital Nomad,” by Rowena Hennigan: https://hbr.org/2023/02/how-to-become-a-digital-nomad
Digital Nomad Association: https://dnacroatia.com/
Boundless Life: https://bit.ly/blrowena
Dave Cook: https://www.iamdavecook.com/
Connect with Rowena: