Do Any of the Four Legal Cases Against Trump Matter?
Of the four legal cases pending against former President Trump, which is the most likely to see a courtroom or end in a guilty verdict? Andy runs through the drama at Mar-a-Lago, the criminal investigation in Georgia, the January 6 madness, and the scrutiny of the Trump Organization’s business practices with two legal experts: the Brookings Institution's Benjamin Wittes and Loyola Law School’s Jessica Levinson. They rank the four cases in order of legal liability, discuss what’s going on inside the Justice Department, and predict how a guilty or not guilty verdict would impact our society.
Keep up with Andy on Twitter @ASlavitt.
Joining Lemonada Premium is a great way to support our show and get bonus content. Subscribe today at bit.ly/lemonadapremium.
Support the show by checking out our sponsors!
- Click this link for a list of current sponsors and discount codes for this show and all Lemonada shows: https://lemonadamedia.com/sponsors/
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Read Ben’s piece about what’s in the Mar-a-Lago search warrant: https://www.lawfareblog.com/whats-unsealed-mar-lago-search-warrant
- Read Jessica’s latest pieces: https://www.msnbc.com/author/jessica-levinson-ncpn810301
- Find vaccines, masks, testing, treatments, and other resources in your community: https://www.covid.gov/
- Order Andy’s book, “Preventable: The Inside Story of How Leadership Failures, Politics, and Selfishness Doomed the U.S. Coronavirus Response”: https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781250770165
Stay up to date with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @LemonadaMedia.
For additional resources, information, and a transcript of the episode, visit lemonadamedia.com/show/inthebubble.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.