Does The “Perfect Save Rate” Exist? I Figured It Out
The biggest money question we have is usually: How do I enjoy my life now and plan for enjoying it later? If we go too far in either direction, we're sacrificing the quality of our lives at one point or another.
So does the “perfect” save rate exist that optimizes for both now and the future? And if so, what is the ideal percentage of our income to save that would work for most people, most of the time? Here's the number I landed at, and why.
Transcripts can be found at podcast.moneywithkatie.com
Mentioned in the Episode
- Save Rate Spreadsheet [Make a copy!]: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rTlDhv2GGRUczBF_1W0PX_OCxKFNR9ZZp78EKpP2KTc/edit?usp=sharing
- Why Hitting "Half FI" is More Like 75%: https://moneywithkatie.com/blog/why-hitting-half-fi-is-more-like-75
- Money with Katie Wealth Planner with the Financial Independence Calculator: https://moneywithkatie.com/new-2023-wealth-planner
Follow Along at Money with Katie: https://moneywithkatie.com/
Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@MoneywithKatie
Follow Money with Katie!
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/moneywithkatie/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/moneywithkatie
Subscribe to The Money with Katie Newsletter
- Sign up for free today: https://www.morningbrew.com/money-with-katie/subscribe/2
Follow the Brew!
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/morningbrew/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MorningBrew
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@morningbrew
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices