E195: Bumble Founder: World’s Youngest Female Self-Made Billionaire: Whitney Wolfe Herd
Whitney Wolfe Herd is the founder of Bumble and the first self-made female billionaire on the planet. In this episode, she reveals after leaving Tinder in explosive circumstances, the injustices she faced drove her on to build a better kind of dating app.
A firm believer that the way to connect with people is by being authentic and being vulnerable, Whitney reveals she routinely shares with her staff her struggles with anxiety and when she’s not feeling on top of things. The only path to human connection lies through honesty, and Whitney breaks the mould to be as transparent with her employees as she can.
In one of our rawest and most emotional conversations with CEOs yet, Whitney reveals that she wanted to be the boss not because she wanted to, but because she thought the nature of her character meant she couldn’t work for anybody else.
- Early context
- How do we follow what we really want?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- Your background education
- Moving into the working world
- The importance of leaning in
- Early marketing tactics for tinder
- What was Tinder like in the early days?
- Regrets when building a business
- Your departure from Tinder
- When was your darkest day?
- Why did Bumble win
- Why did bumble win?
- How do you staying harmony with yourself
- The importance of being vulnerable as a leader
- What does a successful 10 years look like for bumble?
- The last guest question
The Dairy: bit.ly/3fUcF8q
Watch the episodes on Youtube: https://g2ul0.app.link/3kxINCANKsb
Follow us on Telegram: https://g2ul0.app.link/E5re0ADNKsb
Intel - http://bit.ly/3UVp3UC
Mercedes-Benz - https://bit.ly/3yXTQI1
Amex - https://bit.ly/3TATNKc