E202: (EXCLUSIVE) Billy McFarland: The Man Behind The Infamous Fyre Festival Disaster
The co-creator of the infamous Fyre festival, Billy McFarland spent 4 years behind bars for lying to investors and using the mythical tropical island festival as a way to pay off his debts. You have probably heard of him from the 2 massively popular documentaries that blew up on social media.
However, what you haven’t heard is the story of Billy as a childhood entrepreneur, creating and selling companies before he was even able to cash the cheques in his own bank account. A college dropout who moved to New York at 18 with nothing but hustle and drive.
Only months released from prison, Billy brings his still raw experiences to this intimate conversation, discussing everything from the motivation for the festival, his spectacular fall from grace and how he plans to pay back his debts and build back from nothing.
- Early Context
- A desire to prove yourself
- Your entrepreneurial journey
- The start of Fyre
- Are you a pathological liar?
- Not wanting watch the documentary
- Your skills sets that enabled all of this
- The ‘urgent payment sheet/‘
- The mental health implications of all of this
- Your insecurities
- When you realised everything had gone wrong
- Did you ask Andy king to such a penis?
- People losing their life savings
- The FBI coming for you
- Carrying on with the scams
- Your relationship with lying now
- What was it like when the FBI came knocking?
- Ja rule
- Going to jail
- The worst thing the happened in jail
- Your mental health journey now
- What was your plan when you got out?
- How are you doing?
- The last guest question
Watch the episodes on Youtube: https://g2ul0.app.link/3kxINCANKsb
Follow us on Telegram: https://g2ul0.app.link/E5re0ADNKsb
Intel - https://bit.ly/3UVp3UC use our code evoceo15 for 15% off at John Lewis
BlueJeans - https://g2ul0.app.link/NCgpGjVNKsb
Craftd - https://g2ul0.app.link/gZ8in6Dsvsb