EBB 245 - Evidence on Pitocin Augmentation, Epidurals, Cesarean
To celebrate the upcoming release of our Intervention Pocket Guide, we are going to share with you some of the new research on interventions! Last week I had so much fun on Episode 244 sharing the research on amniotomy (or AROM), assisted vaginal delivery (also known as forceps or vacuum assisted delivery), and internal monitoring. Today I’m going to reveal information from the Pocket Guide on 3 more interventions-- Pitocin Augmentation, Regional Analgesia (Epidurals and Spinals), and Cesareans.
Content note: discussion of the benefits and risks of these interventions, including the risk of mortality.
Make sure you're on the Pocket Guide wait list by going here
· Webinar on the Evidence on Pitocin
· EBB #131 Evidence on Pitocin in the Third Stage of Labor
· EBB #224 Failure to Progress or Failure to Wait webinar (also on YouTube with PowerPoint slides)
· EBB YouTube series on Pain Management https://evidencebasedbirth.com/category-pain-management-series/
· EBB 113 Evidence on VBAC
· EBB 236 Unexpected Cesarean after a normal vaginal birth with Katie Kane
· EBB 226 Emergency Cesarean with Mandy Childs
· EBB 62 Unplanned Cesarean with Michelle Wilson
· EBB 79 From a Cesarean to VBAC with Chanté Perryman
· Breech Series episodes 171 (vaginal breech story with Janae and Andrew Rick), 172 (Breech Vaginal Birth evidence with Dr. Rixa Freeze and Dr. David Hayes), 173 (evidence on ECV for breech)
For more information and news about Evidence Based Birth®, visit www.ebbirth.com.
Find us on:
Ready to get involved?
Check out our Professional membership (including scholarship options) here
Find an EBB Instructor here
Click here to learn more about the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class.