Ep. 252 - When Will You Be Good Enough? - The Price Women Pay To Be Good - Elise Loehnen
If you don’t already know Elise Loehnen, here’s all you need to know – every time Elise speaks, we understand ourselves better. The powerhouse thinker, author, and podcaster is back on the Expanded Pod with some things to say that you’ve probably been waiting a long time to hear. The energetics of “cringe”, the endless quest for validation from our parents, the reason our culture takes some sick joy in watching women get “taken down a peg”, the power of alchemizing envy into expansion. It gets real juicy. And obviously, we went into Elise’s new book, On Our Best Behavior, in which talks about the seven deadly sins and how these deeply embedded cultural “rules” have us stuck in a place where we are psychologically denying our own needs?… Yeah – if you’re already mindblown just reading this, know that this is BUT A SAMPLE of how you will feel listening to this convo between Jess and Elise. Hearing Elise, especially through the lens of TBM, reminds us that we are all on this path together – as a TBM community, as women, as a society at large – striving for self-awareness and full self-acceptance at the highest degree. Thank you for sharing your well of intellect with us, Elise. You are a gift.
Find the Complete Show Notes Here -> https://tobemagnetic.com/expanded-podcast
In This Episode We Talk About:
- All things femininity and power with return guest author Elise Loehnen!
- The seven deadly sins and how to navigate them in everyday life
- Celebrating, supporting and uplifting women
- The power of turning envy into expansion
- Elise’s new life updates and what inspired her new book
- The balance between feminine and masculine energy
- Nurturance, self-care, creativity!
- The energetics of “cringe” and how it can give insight into yourself
- Societal programming, social media, patriarchy
- Inner child work, why we seek validation from our parents
- Narcissism, how to spot it and navigate through
- The creative process and embracing being an artistic vessel
THEMES / TIME STAMPS:
- How to turn envy into expansion! (00:19:15 )
- The importance of celebrating and supporting women (00:28:25 )
- A breakdown of the deadly sins and how to navigate them (01:03:30 )
Start Your Manifestation Process with the Pathway Membership? - Use code MAGNETIC for $20 off your first month of The Pathway or $20 off any a la carte workshop.
- Find all workshops mentioned inside our Pathway Membership! (Including the Monthly Check-in Live Calls)
- Expanded x Ep. 176 - Elise Loehnen - Getting Back into Balance & Finding Expansion
- On Our Best Behavior: The Seven Deadly Sins And The Price Women Pay To Be Good - Elise Loehnen (book)
- Pulling The Thread with Elise Loehnen (podcast)
- Goop Podcast - Craig Malkin
- Caste - The Origins Of Our Discontents - Isabel Wilkerson (book)
- In A Different Voice - Carol Gilligan (book)
- Why Does Patriarchy Persist? - Carol Gilligan & Naomi Snyder (book)
Where To Find Elise!
- Order Elise's Book
- Pulling The Thread with Elise Loehnen Podcast
- Elise's Blog
- Submit to Be a Process Guest
- Text Us: +1-213-423-5226 - (texting is only for US, Canada, & Puerto Rico)
- Alexis Smart x TBM EXPANDED Flower Remedy
- TBM Manifestation Journal
- Did you finish the Manifestation Challenge? Share your experience with us!
Free Offerings to Get You Started
- Learn the Process! Expanded Podcast - How to Manifest Anything You Desire
- Get Expanded! The Motivation - Testimonial Library
- Unblock with us! Wanna find out why you’re not manifesting? - Take our Free mini-workshop!