FLASHBACK FRIDAY - From 400 LBS to Climbing Mountains with Tim Kaufman
How does a 400-pound cripple living in constant pain become an avid mountain climber and a triathlete? Here to tell his story and inspire everyone that change is possible is Tim Kaufman. Tim was diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) in his early twenties and lived in chronic pain most of his life. By the time he was 37, he was addicted to Fentanyl, alcohol, and fast food. Weighing over 400 pounds, Tim could not perform simple daily tasks and was almost immobile. He had lost his interest in life and had almost given up. Losing two people close to their hearts to deadly diseases, Tim's wife feared that he would be the next. That was the turning point for Tim. He started a journey to regain his health, changing one small thing at a time. As a result, Tim is now an athlete who thrives on a plant-based whole food lifestyle and leads a healthy, happy, and active life free of all medications he was once on. He now helps others find health and happiness with the firm belief that “change is out there for anyone.”
Tim also wrote the following books:
- Fat Man's Essential 40 Plant-Based Recipes: Quick and Easy Plant-Based Food (Fat Man's Recipes Book 1)
- Fat Man's Not So Fancy 40 Plant-Based Recipes: Quick and Easy Plant-Based Food (Fat Man's Food Book 2)
- Triathlon Training Journal: 90 Days of Journaling
Tune in to hear Tim's powerful and transformative journey in today's episode.
What we discuss in this episode:
- Tim shares his condition as a child and how it led him to live a life of physical and emotional pain.
- What impact would the same diagnosis have on a person excited to live life? Short answer - it would be like a death sentence.
- What was the turning point for Tim?
- Tim remembers his experience with the “juice fast” - the first 3 days felt terrible!
- When did Tim's reliance on drugs end, and what were the challenges in quitting fast food consumption?
- The destructive effects of dairy, the strangest thing about dairy farming, and Tim's relationship with animals before and after becoming vegan.
- What attracted Tim to climb mountains?
- Book Mentioned - The End of Diabetes by Joel Fuhrman
- Watch the film - Forks Over Knives Documentary
- FREE DOWNLOAD: FatMan’s Favorites – 80 Quick and Easy Whole Food Plant-Based Recipes
- Join Tim’s Getting Healthy Together Membership Group
- Connect with Tim Kaufman on Instagram and Facebook
- Check out Tim Kaufman’s website - https://fatmanrants.com/
- Use code SWITCH for 25% off your order at MaxinesHeavenly.com
- Purality B12 Deal: https://puralityhealth.com/liposomal-b12/ to buy one B12 and get one free plus 35% off the rest of Purality’s products
Send us a voice message. We want to hear from you!
Take the Running On Plants challenge and feel the difference!
Dairy-Free Swaps Guide: Easy Anti-Inflammatory Meals, Recipes, and Tips
★☆★ JOIN OUR PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP ★☆★
★☆★ SWITCH4GOOD WEBSITE ★☆★
★☆★ ONLINE STORE ★☆★
★☆★ FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM ★☆★
★☆★ LIKE US ON FACEBOOK ★☆★
★☆★ FOLLOW US ON TWITTER ★☆★
★☆★ DOWNLOAD THE ABILLION APP ★☆★