Free Vaccines For All Are Ending. What’s Next? (with CVS Health’s Tom Moriarty)
With the next round of COVID-19 funding stalled in Congress, Americans face a future where vaccines and tests will no longer be free for everyone. Andy speaks with CVS Health’s Executive Vice President Tom Moriarty, who says cutting off funding for basic preventative measures along with new advances like a nasal vaccine is a bad decision both for public health and national security. Tom gives us an update on who’s getting the updated booster, along with the flu shot, and predicts how much sickness we’ll see this winter.
Keep up with Andy on Twitter @ASlavitt.
Follow CVS Health on Twitter @CVSHealth.
Joining Lemonada Premium is a great way to support our show and get bonus content. Subscribe today at bit.ly/lemonadapremium.
Support the show by checking out our sponsors!
- CVS Health helps people navigate the healthcare system and their personal healthcare by improving access, lowering costs and being a trusted partner for every meaningful moment of health. At CVS Health, healthier happens together. Learn more at cvshealth.com.
- Click this link for a list of current sponsors and discount codes for this show and all Lemonada shows: https://lemonadamedia.com/sponsors/
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Schedule an appointment for an updated COVID-19 booster: https://www.vaccines.gov/
- Find masks, testing, treatments, and other resources in your community: https://www.covid.gov/
- Order Andy’s book, “Preventable: The Inside Story of How Leadership Failures, Politics, and Selfishness Doomed the U.S. Coronavirus Response”: https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781250770165
Stay up to date with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @LemonadaMedia.
For additional resources, information, and a transcript of the episode, visit lemonadamedia.com/show/inthebubble.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.