Growing Your Wealth with a “Personal Financial System”
I recently read an r/personalfinance post about someone's financial position: "I have $5,000 in a 401(k), about $10,000 in my Robinhood, $15,000 in Chase, and $1,000 in stocks, and some cash. Am I on the right track?"
While this mental model is logically reasonable (where you're physically putting the money vs. the vehicles themselves), it reminded me how powerful it can be to think about the structure of your finances accurately. I dive into a few tools, tactics, and lenses at which we can assess and optimize our financial ecosystem—and how we can supercharge our wealth for the long-term.
Transcripts can be found at https://podcast.moneywithkatie.com
While I love diving into investing- and tax law-related data, I am not a financial professional. I have no formal financial education. I am not a financial advisor, portfolio manager, or accountant. This is not financial advice, investing advice, or tax advice. The information on this podcast is for informational and recreational purposes only. Investment products discussed (ETFs, index funds, etc.) are for illustrative purposes only. It is not a recommendation to buy, sell, or otherwise transact in any of the products mentioned. Do your own due diligence. Past performance does not guarantee future returns. Money with Katie, LLC.
Mentioned in the Episode
- Building a Spending Plan: https://podcast.moneywithkatie.com/everythings-an-investment-building-your-epic-spending-plan/
- How to Set Up Money Management Systems: https://podcast.moneywithkatie.com/how-to-set-up-money-management-systems-for-short-term-long-term-goals/
- I Invested in My First Startup: https://podcast.moneywithkatie.com/i-invested-in-my-first-startup-and-it-was-terrifying/
- Investing Outside Your Retirement Accounts: https://podcast.moneywithkatie.com/investing-outside-your-retirement-accounts/
- How to Build a Diversified Stock Portfolio: https://podcast.moneywithkatie.com/how-to-construct-a-diversified-stock-portfolio-of-major-index-funds/
Follow Along at Money with Katie: https://moneywithkatie.com/
Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@MoneywithKatie
Follow Money with Katie!
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/moneywithkatie/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/moneywithkatie
Subscribe to The Money with Katie Newsletter
- Sign up for free today: https://www.morningbrew.com/money-with-katie/subscribe/2
Follow the Brew!
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/morningbrew/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MorningBrew
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@morningbrew
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices