Harmonizing Through Hard Times: Alissa Musto Shares Her Story
In this episode of The Tragedy Academy, Jay and Gary sit down with Alissa Musto to discuss her life experiences and how she has overcome adversity with candor and humor. 💬 A child of musicians, she could read music before words. A Harvard Grad and former Ms. Massachusetts. She opens up about her journey and shares her insights on resilience and perseverance. 💪 As well as her emotional recollection of leaving her friends on the ship during the pandemic and writing the acclaimed song "How Still" in tribute to them is a powerful reminder of the importance of sharing our experiences and supporting one another through difficult times. 💔 Listen to the full episode to hear more from Alissa and join the conversation on The Tragedy Academy.
🎙️ Main Points:
- Alissa's background and personal journey (5:00 ) 🎶
- The power of storytelling (10:00 ) 💬
- Overcoming adversity and building resilience (15:00 ) 💪
- Finding humor in tragedy (20:00 ) 😂
- The role of community and support (25:00 ) 💗
- Emotional recollection of leaving friends on the ship during the pandemic (30:00 ) 💔
- Writing the acclaimed song "How Still" in tribute to friends (35:00 ) 🎵 (After the show, listen to Alissa's track How Still)
- "I realized that sharing my story was a way to connect with others and help them see that they're not alone." (Alissa, 10:00 ) 🤝
- "Laughing through the pain is a coping mechanism that has helped me get through some of the toughest times." (Alissa, 20:00 ) 😂
- "Having a support system is so important, especially during difficult times." (Alissa, 25:00 ) 💗
Call to Action:
Follow Allissa Musto on social media for more inspiring stories and perspectives. 💻
Listen to more episodes of The Tragedy Academy to explore life experiences and overcoming adversity with candor and humor. 🎧
Subscribe to The Tragedy Academy on your favorite podcast platform and never miss an episode. 🔔
- Visit our website to find links to our YouTube channel, other social media, show notes, and more!
- Make a beautiful podcast website with Podpage.
- Explore professional recording options with Riverside.fm.
- Like Jay's t-shirt from this episode? Get your own at INTO THE AM.
- For Tragedy Academy-recommended books and authors, visit our Bookshop.
*Some of the links above are affiliate links and The Tragedy Academy will receive proceeds from purchases made using them.*
Mentioned in this episode:
Connect with us!
📲 Connect with us!
✨ Resources & Affiliate Links:
💻 Create your own stunning podcast website with PodPage: https://bit.ly/3LSCBh5
🎙️ Elevate your recording game with Riverside.fm: https://bit.ly/3ImjNWD
👕 Love Jay's t-shirt from this episode? Get your own at INTO THE AM: https://bit.ly/431MLD5
📚 For Tragedy Academy-recommended books and authors, visit our Bookshop:
📲 Connect with us!
📺 Don't forget to Subscribe to our YouTube channel! 💥 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEUXqlregig6vcrvuVNGlKg
🙏 If you enjoyed this episode, please like, share, and subscribe to our channel for more enlightening discussions and hilarious moments. Be cool, and keep learning!
📲 Connect with us on socials!
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Podcorn - https://podcorn.com/privacy
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy